DoubleClick Metrics

Kevin Woodfield

Oct 3, 2013, 1:36:55 PM10/3/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Heya,

What is the extent of the DoubleClick Metrics when a user clicks on a video, exit click-through etc.  Will we get that same metrics/data in DoubleClick as we did for Flash?  I'm assuming identifiers (ID's, classes etc) are important for this?

-Kevin

Kevin

Oct 3, 2013, 1:53:33 PM10/3/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Does DoubleClick track metrics using the Components tools and not the Tag tool?

Naresh Rajkumar

Oct 3, 2013, 2:20:03 PM10/3/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Yes Kevin.
If you use the Video component in the Ads template, you automatically get a suite of metrics (especially Video).

Try it out by uploading your Ad into Doubleclick studio, you will see these events fire.

Kevin

Oct 3, 2013, 2:35:23 PM10/3/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Currently doing it now.  I'm actually uploading a custom expandable to DBLClick and I'm getting an error that says:

There's no expanded width or height set for the HTML5 asset in this creative. Please open Creative Properties and enter these dimensions.

I actually went into the width="" and height="" and specified each for the non-expanded and expanded images.  Still get the error tho.

Otherwise, my team and I love this product.  We pump out Google ads all day long and will be, slowly, working this into the workflow.

"Ume" Masayoshi Umeuchi

Oct 3, 2013, 2:38:12 PM10/3/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

The following DoubleClick metrics are added in the Studio with the video component.
Video completionsCounter
Video first quartilesCounter
Video interactionsCounter
Video midpointsCounter
Video mutesCounter
Video pausesCounter
Video playsCounter
Video replaysCounter
Video stopsCounter
Video third quartilesCounter
Video unmutesCounter
Video view timeTimer

Thanks,

-ume
(Google Web Designer team)

Kishore Subramanian

Oct 3, 2013, 4:12:49 PM10/3/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Kevin,

I am unable to reproduce the issue with Creative properties. Here is what I tried:

1) In GWD, File -> New -> Expandable - DoubleClick Studio Environment
2) Banner size 300x250 and expandable 480x250.
3) Added an image to banner and video to the expanded page.
4) Publish.

5) I uploaded to DoubleClick Studio. Added an exit event and continued to Preview.
6) See screenshot from Studio. Studio automatically recognized the creative as having an expandable dimension (480 x 250).

You can also set the expanded dimensions directly in Studio from the Creative Properties section.
Let me know if it still does not work.

Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 1.09.09 PM.png