How can animations be controlled by events

ps0...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2014, 6:55:51 AM8/7/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
The basic functionality, I am looking for is pause, play in the animation timeline when specific events are raised, in google web designer. Is this functionality supported ? If yes, then how should I proceed to use it ?

Pushkar Joshi

Aug 7, 2014, 12:10:12 PM8/7/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes, this functionality is supported. First, you'll need to assign labels inside the timeline (link to help center documentation: https://support.google.com/webdesigner/answer/4597391?hl=en&ref_topic=6000799). Then, in the 'Action' view of the events dialog, select the function you want in the 'Timeline' category. On the next view, you'll need to specify the receiver, which is the parent container of the animation (usually document.body or the current page in case of ads).

Hope this helps,
    Pushkar Joshi (GWD engineer)

gerh...@gmail.com

May 19, 2015, 7:05:36 PM5/19/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Under the 'Action' panel when i click on an event i don't have the timeline option. It just shows the following list:

CSS
Video
Google Ad
Page Deck
Custom

Is there something fundamental that i'm missing? It seems like pausing the animation at a specific event should be quite straightforward.

owen....@gmail.com

May 20, 2015, 10:53:21 AM5/20/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
When you add a keyframe to the timeline, the timeline folder will show up in the event panel.

-Owen

gerh...@gmail.com

May 24, 2015, 11:30:30 AM5/24/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Owen,

I had keyframes as well as labels but the file was corrupt (i downloaded a video / polite template form the rich media database). I started off again with a blank file and there it was in the list.

Thanks
This conversation is locked