Tracking multiple YouTube players?

iaikidou

Oct 14, 2014, 4:16:05 PM10/14/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hello GWD guru's,

I am trying to set up multiple YT videos in my ad and track the interactions for each. When I add the players, they default to use the same tracking metrics, but once uploaded to Studio, not all videos trigger the metrics.

Next I manually changed each YT player's tracking be unique to each player. This resulted in only the first YT player triggering any tracking. All the other players triggered none.

Is tracking multiple YT videos a supported feature right now? If yes, what is the best way to do it?

cheers
iaik

Sukhbir Kaur

Oct 14, 2014, 5:22:44 PM10/14/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com

Hi iaik,

Thanks for reporting this issue . I’ll log a bug on your behalf .

Meanwhile as a workaround :

1 . Go to Code view and edit the code  under  <gwd-metric-configuration>     </gwd-metric-configuration>

2 .  Append ( id )   "gwd-youtube_1”  in metric="gwd-youtube_1:YouTube play

as below

<gwd-metric-event source="gwd-youtube_1" event="playpressed" metric="gwd-youtube_1:YouTube play"></gwd-metric-event>

 <gwd-metric-event source="gwd-youtube_2" event="playpressed" metric="gwd-youtube_2:YouTube play"></gwd-metric-event>

3. Repeat  the above steps  for all the metrics .

4. Save and publish  the file .

I hope this help .

Thanks

Sukhbir