Eric Guzman

Oct 1, 2013, 2:50:08 PM10/1/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Austin,

Thanks for trying the beta and providing feedback!

I applaud you in trying to work smarter, not harder, and appropriately naming classes/selectors is a smart practice. This can be done in the CSS Panel by clicking on the selector field and entering a new valid one. In the case of class name selectors, it will attempt to update the element's class names to include the new class name derived from the selector.

Web Designer generates class name-based selectors by default. In general, we do this to facilitate copying and pasting of elements, promote CSS reuse, keep file size down, and to reduce selector specificity. That being said, Web Designer will automatically pick up CSS rules that you have defined, and use them to make style changes.

Here is a screenshot of re-named selectors using the parent element's id:

I hope this helps,
Eric G. - Developer on GWD

aruna gonasani

Mar 13, 2015, 5:31:09 AM3/13/15