Youtube Fallback image

aaqib zahoor

Mar 4, 2015, 2:19:37 AM3/4/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
How do we put a youtube fallback image. I dont want to show the youtube video loader i need a video still till the video gets load plays. I know the stuff can be done in action script but i am moving from it to GWT and want to know to what extend
custom features can be achieved in GWT.

Thanks
Aaqib

Google Web Designer beta

Mar 4, 2015, 8:57:14 PM3/4/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaqib,

GWD currently does not support fallback image.

However, you can create the same effect in GWD:
- create a YouTube component
- cover the YouTube component with the fallback image
- cover the image with a tap area component
- add event listener to the tap area to play the YouTube video on Touch / Click
- add two separate event listeners to hide the image and the tap area on YouTube component's playing event
  Action => Set Styles => Choose image or tap area
  Set property "display" to value "none".

Hope this helps.

Paul

aaqib zahoor

Mar 5, 2015, 1:38:27 AM3/5/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Paul.

I used the image over the youtube video. Since my video was autoplay i created an action on youtube video start and set the property of the image to display none.

Works properly.

Help is much appreciated.

This conversation is locked