Importing HTML files into Google Web Designer

Jenna Therriault

Dec 5, 2014, 1:42:19 PM12/5/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have a website already created in another program. Since its creation the program has become quite expensive, so Id like to continue editing/updating the website using GWD.

However, every time I try to import the HTML I get an error stating that since my HTML files where made in another program, I cannot import them.

Is this a fact? You cannot import html files into GWD hat have been created in another program? They are just basic HTML and contain nothing linking them to the original program.

Is there a way I can convert my HTML website into a format that GWD will except? Id really like to not have to recreate the whole website again.

I'm assuming; that if I copy my image files, buttons etc. into the right place and paste the HTML into a blank document it will give me a least a start?

Thank you in advance for the help!

gabrie...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2014, 8:12:03 PM12/6/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
you seem not even to understand what gwd is. you have to distinguish between a html-editor, like dreamweaver, and gwd. gwd is not a html editor, but a closed system, where you can make your ad and intro. this intro can be implemented into a site, with a very hard manual work, you have to have some know how about html, css and javascript, functions, relative and absolute paths, etc. you cannot open a little complex html-site with gwd, and you should not make the site with gwd, the are a lot of arguments in the forum why not. http://kompozer.net/ would be a better choice for you...

Joey Padasian

Dec 11, 2014, 5:52:36 AM12/11/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I think the massive issue here is the name, Google WEB designer. Totally not used to create full websites, but as you say small ads and intros.

thota...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2015, 9:09:40 AM3/12/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
NICE POST