Swipeable Gallery Exit Click Tracking

Fred Ehrhart

Nov 22, 2016, 2:13:15 PM11/22/16
to Google Web Designer beta
We just built a unit with the swipeable gallery component. In that components advanced properties, under exit urls, we added a placeholder URL as a comma seperated list for each image in the gallery. Each one will eventually link to a unique item in a store.

Once we pushed a demo link, which I cannot share right now because the client we are working for is not going to be happy if we do that, any click on this unit is not registering an exit event in the debugging window. I followed this guide on implementation: https://webdesigner.googleblog.com/2016/04/exploring-gallery-components-in-google.html which really has no other information on tracking multiple clicks.

- Will these links show up once trafficked to our media team so they can replace the placeholder clicktags with their own clicktrackers, or will that have to be done manually now? Normally we just make the exit url google.com and then they swap them out in the trafficking process.

- Am I missing some way to make these track as exits, is there a custom event we could create as such to register it, and if so would it just be for clicking on the banner itself or a unique tracking metric for each link?