Creative not working correctly on the following browser iPhone 5s + iOS 11.3.1 (Safari et.c)

Anthony Akinwande

Jun 7, 2018, 9:55:08 AM6/7/18
to Google Web Designer beta
As my title reads, I am having some rendering issues with my creatives as it is not working correctly on the following browsers;

1. Currently, this creative is not working correctly on the following browser:

iPhone 5s + iOS 11.3.1 (Safari Browser)
Issue:- Noticed that video animation is not happening, please advise.

2. Currently, this creative is not working correctly on the following browser:

iPad Mini + iOS 11.3.1 (Safari Browser)
iPhone 5s + iOS 11.3.1 (Safari Browser)

This is a general problem across the 5 dimensions I have developed.

I have attached the working file for quick check

Thanks
Anthony

San Khong

Jun 7, 2018, 12:21:40 PM6/7/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Anthony,

Here are a couple of common browser issues with Safari:

Q: Why does animation break when switching between browser tabs in Safari?

A: Animation delay does not work well on Safari. To fix the issue, add a keyframe at the beginning of each animated layer.

Q: What should I do when animation pause event does not work on iOS?

A: One workaround is to duplicate the page so there are two pages. In the second page, update the page to have the content to show at pause. Instead of pause, go to the second page.

We'll be happy to take a look at your file if the workaround listed above did not help you. It looks like the attachment did not go through because it's a zip file. Can you please put it on Drive and share the url instead?

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team