Eddie Crowther

Aug 14, 2015, 7:13:26 AM8/14/15
to Google Web Designer beta, eddie.c...@gratterpalm.co.uk, Stefan....@gratterpalm.co.uk, Tom Downes
Hi guys,

When I open an old file to make text, image amends etc. I'm finding that the layers in the UI have disappeared/missing. When I created the original file there would be 20 layers or so, now there are only 3. However, the animation and assets are still visible on stage and can still be found in Code View.

With the amends to the text ect. often assets need moving/re-animating which is increasingly more difficult when I can't actually grab hold of the layer to position it accordingly.

This is a recent problem I've now encountered multiple times. Even downloading previously published items from Double Click Studios, when the file is opened only a few layers are showing.

Initially I thought that the enabler was out of date and this was causing the issue. After re-uploading a file with layers missing (to update the enabler) then downloading it again the issues was still unresolved.

What is the cause of this? Is there a solution?

Cheers,
Eddie

Google Web Designer beta

Aug 20, 2015, 4:54:29 PM8/20/15
to Google Web Designer beta, eddie.c...@gratterpalm.co.uk, Stefan....@gratterpalm.co.uk, tom.d...@gratterpalm.co.uk
Hi Eddie,

If you can post your old file that shows an issue in layers after file conversion, could you send us the file (zip) ?

Thanks,
Mariko (GWD team)

gratt...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2015, 4:37:22 AM8/21/15
to Google Web Designer beta, eddie.c...@gratterpalm.co.uk, Stefan....@gratterpalm.co.uk, tom.d...@gratterpalm.co.uk
Hi Mariko,

Unfortunately the files with issues contain some sensitive information that our client wouldn’t want posting on a public forum.
Is there anyway I can get the files to you in a less public way?

Many Thanks,
Eddie

Mariko Ogawa

Aug 21, 2015, 11:42:42 AM8/21/15