Video and Clickthrough work in preview, but not when pushed to DFP

ben....@vice.com

Apr 5, 2017, 12:40:11 PM4/5/17
to Google Web Designer beta
I have built a simple full bleed video billboard, set to autoplay once and to clickthrough to a website.

All of this functionality works perfectly in the preview but when pushed to DFP and displayed on site, the video does not play and the clickthrough URL is replaced with a random doubleclick URL which leads to a blank page.

San Khong

Apr 13, 2017, 6:02:36 PM4/13/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Ben,

Did you use the video component or youtube component? Did you use the taparea component and click/tap to exit url?

When you upload to dfp, can you please make sure you upload it as html5 ad?

Upload the creative zip

  1. Click on the Delivery tab.

  2. Click on Creative subtab on the left side.

  3. Click on Add creatives button.

  4. In the New creative popup, pick the Advertiser and click Continue

  5. GWD creative zip can be uploaded as html5.

Html5 upload a GWD creative zip (doubleclick environment)

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 10.28.04 AM.png

  1. Click on HTML5 in the Creative: New creative.

  2. Click on Upload button at HTML5 file and browser to the GWD published zip file.

  3. When upload is successful, everything should be filled in correctly (Name, Size, Exit info).

  4. Click Save and you should be taken to the Preview page and exit click through works fine.

If you follow the same steps and still seeing the issue, please let me know so we can take a further look.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team