Browser Cache issue.

Antony Richardson

Jan 10, 2018, 10:22:46 PM1/10/18
to Google Web Designer beta
While designing the HTML5 Banners we used to preview the banners and do corrections, with the last update I can preview for the first time ( all good) after that doing changes with the banner and trying to preview it still getting the same old banner, not the updated banner preview.

for that, I m doing each and every time to check with the new browser (EG: first time with chrome, then firefox, then edge.)

Or else have to publish and preview the file.

Any Solutions?

San Khong

Jan 11, 2018, 12:07:41 PM1/11/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Antony,

Can you please check the Google Web Designer version to see if you have the latest version? In version 2.0.2.1128 or higher, the browser cache is turned off in the preview file to prevent issue you reported. If you have version 2.0.2.1128 or higher, after previewing, can you please view source (or open Developer tools), expand <head> and check if these meta tags are there: <meta http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"><meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache"><meta http-equiv="Expires" content="0">

A workaround is to switch back to file protocol for preview. Select Edit > Preferences > Advanced, and uncheck Preview ads over HTTP.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team