Missing Interface Elements in new version

Derek Berdine

Aug 1, 2014, 11:50:52 AM8/1/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
So, GWD upgraded to Version 1.1.1.0730 | Shell Build 1.0.5.0 yesterday. Now, it randomly leaves out major elements of the interface; most notably, the "Design View," "Code View," "Preview," and "Publish" buttons under the Stage. Sometimes, when I first open the program, the elements are back for the first file I open, but then gone when I try and open a second file. Opening a second file while the first is still open also reveals that the Tabs at the top are gone, and opening the two files at once overlays them instead of giving them separate tabs.

Screenshot attached.
Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 10.23.15 AM.png

Nivesh Rajbhandari

Aug 1, 2014, 12:08:35 PM8/1/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derek,

Does this happen when you create two brand new files? Does it seem to happen every time you open a specific file? If so, what happens when you open only that file in GWD? Is the workspace still greyed out?

If possible, can you please email your file(s) to gwd-s...@google.com so we can debug the issue?

Thanks,
Nivesh

Derek Berdine

Aug 1, 2014, 2:12:24 PM8/1/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I tried several scenarios with mixed results.

Opened the program fresh and creating two new files. Everything was fine.
Opened several old files with the two new files open. Everything seemed fine.
Closed the new files and opened old files. Was fine at first, but after three things started going wonky (missing tabs/buttons, grey bars instead of rulers).
Started fresh and opened old files. Everything was wonky.

I will send two of the files and related assets for review.

Thank you!

Nivesh Rajbhandari

Aug 6, 2014, 6:25:49 PM8/6/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derek,

Thanks for sending us the files. We were able to debug the issues with your help.

Thanks,
Nivesh