Read/Parse Dynamic Creative Feed

rahul....@magnon-egplus.com

Mar 29, 2018, 6:45:28 AM3/29/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,

I am looking for a way to read/parse any specific or all the columns of a Dynamic Feed via "dynamicContent" variable.

For instance I have a column in the feed named "Job_Type" and the variable for that is dynamicContent.Some_Feed_Sheet1[0].Job_Type. The challenge here is that I am able to read only single value. While I want to read all the values under the column "Job_Type" of the feed.

Thanks in advance

San Khong

Mar 29, 2018, 12:40:52 PM3/29/18
to Google Web Designer beta
The way it works for Google Web Designer is we can access the data in a row and not the entire column. Can you please let me know what you are trying to achieve by getting the data for all rows in a column?

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team

rahul....@magnon-egplus.com

Mar 29, 2018, 1:07:02 PM3/29/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Thanks for your response!!

Basically, I want to read values from the column "Job_Type" of the Dynamic Feed which is in CSV format. Store the values in the Array and then check against the keyword entered in the search box on the banner. If a match is found, then a CT URL is created from the matching keyword and redirects the user to a specific landing page. In case a match is not found in the array, it will redirect the user to a default landing page.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

San Khong

Mar 30, 2018, 1:36:24 PM3/30/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Rahul,

When the ad loads, Google Web Designer runtime gets back one row of data. So one option you can do is to put all your job types in a row of a column, then you will need to do the post processing on the returned row to parse your data. This requires custom code and it's outside of Google Web Designer databinding model so we don't have any documentation on it or a way to help you with it. Another option is to not use dynamic and author the data processing in the creative itself.

Sorry I cannot be more help.