Rollover States for buttons not rendering correctly on IOS.

Derek Rhode

Jun 24, 2015, 4:18:51 PM6/24/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
When creating a rollover button for display on mobile and desktop it renders fine on desktop and android. However when loading on IOS the button loads and sometimes the button shows correctly or it shows the rollover state or midway between the rollover state. I think whats going on is the timeline pause command isn't registering sometimes to stop the timeline in the rolloff state. I also noticed sometimes it renders the timeline incorrectly in a rollover state such as layers showing up which shouldn't be and ect. Seems like the whole rollover system just has a heap of rendering bugs on IOS.

Derek Rhode

Jun 24, 2015, 10:45:24 PM6/24/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Update to this post. I now realized the origins of this bug. Timeline events are not registering at all or at the wrong time in IOS. I am using an iphone 5s and this bug is crippling my project. I ran a console log command in the event code and it traces in android and pc but not on IOS.

Derek Rhode

Jun 24, 2015, 10:46:23 PM6/24/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I should mention not just any event but custom code events however i have noticed other timeline events execute at the wrong time on ios.

Derek Rhode

Jun 24, 2015, 11:04:41 PM6/24/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Have another update. It seems the code doesn't run on ios if the event is located in the first frame of the timeline. If you put it forward more it runs. Something that should still be resolved however i am still experiencing events executing at a time inconsistent to that marked on the timeline.

Mariko Ogawa

Jun 25, 2015, 1:05:56 PM6/25/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derek,

Thank you for reporting the timeline event issue on iOS.
I wonder if the same file works fine on Safari on desktop?
We will look into the issue, but if possible, could you post your sample file for us to debug?

Thanks,
Mariko (GWD team)

Derek Rhode

Jun 25, 2015, 1:09:12 PM6/25/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Do you have an email address i could email it to? I don't want to post it for download publicly.

Mariko Ogawa

Jun 25, 2015, 1:22:52 PM6/25/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derek,