Is there an eay way to set number of loops for adwords ad animation between pages?

brook...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2016, 12:22:53 PM12/29/16
to Google Web Designer beta
I'm struggling with looping an ad I'm creating for a client.
The ad has 3 pages, each with an event to go to the next page after the animation is finished.

My question is: is there an easy way to set the ad to loop 3 times?
Ie. start page 1 > page 2 > page 3 - 3 times and end on page 3 on the third loop.

I have found this link to add a bit of code, but this should definitely be a functionality added to GWD if not there already. A check box or button to loop and set the number of loops would be ideal.

Thanks for the help!

San Khong

Dec 29, 2016, 2:10:42 PM12/29/16
to Google Web Designer beta
I didn't see the link you added that shows how to do it with code so I'm posting a solution here.

You can do this use custom actions in the events dialog and define a counter variable and set it to 0 in code view.

Here are the steps:
In each page, at the last keyframe, add the timeline event to go to the next page.  At page 3, at the last keyframe, add a timeline event with custom action as followed to go back to page1 unless it has gone through it 3 times:
if (counter < 2) {
  gwd.actions.gwdPagedeck.goToPage('pagedeck', 'page1', 'none', 1000, 'linear', 'top');
  counter++;
}

Switch to code view and find the custom action you just added and add the var counter = 0; right before the custom action function.

I attached the test file so you can check it out.

We will think of how this can be done easier in UI.

Hope this helps.
San
Google Web Designer team
loopAdThreeTimes.zip

brook...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2016, 5:25:26 PM12/29/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Thanks San!
This seemed to work.

A more straight forward UI solution would be much appreciated in the future!
Thanks