Google Web Designer Prof

in...@motionisland.com

Jun 29, 2018, 2:50:38 PM6/29/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello Google Team,

Can you tell me why google web designer always update templates when I start the program. If I cut my internet connection the program actually freeze!

Please let me know

Thanks!

San Khong

Jun 29, 2018, 7:25:01 PM6/29/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Every time you launch, Google Web Designer checks to see if there is any template available for update. You will see the progress dialog when it starts checking and it should go away very quickly if all templates are up-to-date. Templates are not updated on every launch. I will log a request internally to not show the dialog when we just simply do the check and display the dialog only when there is template updating going on.

Offline mode is not working so you are required to have an internet connection to use the tool. We are working on supporting offline mode.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team

in...@motionisland.com

Jun 29, 2018, 8:30:57 PM6/29/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Thanks for your quick reply, every time I start google webdesigner it update the templates (I see the bar running) it is useless for me as I never use templates. I have been working with google webdesigner for the past 3 year and this last release if loading slower than previous versions, are you guy planning on optimizing the loading time?

Thank you!

San Khong

Jun 29, 2018, 8:54:04 PM6/29/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Thank you for the feedback. We are working on improving the loading time due to template loading process. We will use a different way to load templates so that it would not block the application from running right after launch.

San