Code editor issues

micsun-al

Dec 15, 2015, 6:35:19 PM12/15/15
to Google Web Designer beta
OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan
GWD 1.5.3.1209

Scroll bars:
  • The scroll bars are a little thin and we have trouble clicking on it sometimes (but maybe could be fixed with the next request...).
  • The cursor while hovering over the scroll bars is the text selection cursor (the capital "i" looking one).  Please change it to the regular pointer cursor if possible.
Text Area:
  • I can't see the last few characters of long lines when scrolled all the way to the right.
  • Is there a way to default to tabs instead of spaces?  Does everyone at Google prefer spaces over tabs (is that the current bestest practice?)?
Thanks!

rika

Dec 15, 2015, 7:16:11 PM12/15/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,

We are aware of the scrolling bar issues you listed above.
Can you view the end of the line by dragging mouse to the left and back?

I was able to verify the pointer issue, so I will log the bug on your behalf.

The last question is not clear to me.  What do you mean by "default to tabs instead of spaces"?
Can you explain a bit more?

Thanks,
Rika
(GWD team)

micsun-al

Dec 15, 2015, 7:33:47 PM12/15/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Spaces vs tabs:

I want my code editor to default to tabs when I press tab instead of spaces.  Let the people who want spaces use the spacebar. :|~

rika

Dec 16, 2015, 1:48:03 PM12/16/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Currently, this is as designed.  However, I will file a feature request on your behalf.
Thanks for using the Google Web Designer.

Rika
(GWD team)