Tap Area not the top layer despite being set to it in the timeline (Doubleclick issue)

oliver...@digitaldialogue.com.au

Oct 25, 2017, 1:33:03 AM10/25/17
to Google Web Designer beta
I've noticed when I set a tap area above everything it all works normally. But when I update the banner and add a new image to the timeline (and set the image below the tap area in the timeline order) it still seems to think the image is above the tap area once rendered out and put into Doubleclick studio.

Has anyone come across this before?

Sukhbir Kaur

Oct 25, 2017, 11:45:22 AM10/25/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Oliver,

TapArea should work properly when it is at the top most layer and re-publish after editing the file.
I 'm unable to reproduce the issue by following the steps you have provided. Is it possible for you to share your source file, so we can take a look at it?
Open the file in Google Web Designer, select File > Save as zip... and upload the zip to Google Drive and share the link with us here or to gwd-s...@google.com.

Thanks
Sukhbir
(Google Web Designer Team)

oliver...@digitaldialogue.com.au

Oct 25, 2017, 10:51:03 PM10/25/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Sukhibir

I have attached a medrec that shows the issue. It works normally and is above all image items in the timeline in Google Web Designer but when rendered out and then uploaded to doubleclick the centre area is not clickable (which you can see in preview mode in doubleclick).

Thanks!

test-medrec.zip

Sukhbir Kaur

Oct 25, 2017, 11:41:03 PM10/25/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Oliver,

It looks like you are running into a known issue in Firefox.

Can you try the following steps :

1. Go to the Code View in GWD
2. Look for this CSS class in the code: .gwd-page-content
3. Set the "transform-style" as "flat"
4. Republish your creative.

Please see the attached updated index file and let me know if this works for you.

Hope this helps!

test-medrec_updated.zip