DISPLAY BUG

matteo....@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2018, 5:25:01 PM2/16/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello !

When I launch GWD The tools buttons at the top are disabled.

srry i'm french...

fdfdfdfd.png
22222.png
1111.png

San Khong

Feb 20, 2018, 5:16:19 PM2/20/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Matteo,

You need to have a document open. Select File > New... to create a new document.

Hope it helps.
San
Google Web Designer team

Mattèo Gauthier

Feb 27, 2018, 4:28:37 PM2/27/18
to Google Web Designer beta
I've already a document open

San Khong

Feb 27, 2018, 5:14:38 PM2/27/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Matteo,

In the screenshots you attached, there is no document open. Can you please try select File > New... to create a new file.

Mattèo Gauthier

Feb 28, 2018, 1:38:21 AM2/28/18
to Google Web Designer beta
if if my problem is there, the document is open but nothing happens, it is impossible to work. the toollbar on the top, on the left and the tools on the right are unavailable (button are disabled).

Thanks for your reply

San Khong

Mar 1, 2018, 2:32:19 PM3/1/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Matteo,

Can you please give me a screenshot of the document open and the disabled UI?

Thanks,

Mattèo Gauthier

Mar 3, 2018, 11:36:47 AM3/3/18
to Google Web Designer beta

San Khong

Mar 5, 2018, 12:22:50 PM3/5/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Thank you for the screenshot. It looks like you have got into a bad state as the document tab is not present also. Please reboot your computer, then delete the cache and launch Google Web Designer to see if it fixes the issue.
  • Windows: HD:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Google Web Designer\data\cache (note: you need to enable “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” in Folder options View tab)
  • Linux: ~/.local/share/google-web-designer/data/cache
  • Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Google/Web Designer/data/cache
Please let us know if the issue is gone after deleting the cache.

Thank you.

Mattèo Gauthier

Mar 6, 2018, 1:41:57 PM3/6/18
to Google Web Designer beta
it still does not work..

San Khong

Mar 6, 2018, 2:15:30 PM3/6/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Can you please share the file with me? Open it in Google Web Designer, select File > Save as zip...Upload it to Google Drive and share the url with me.

After that, close the file, quit Google Web Designer. Delete the cache again and do not open the file with the issue. Please try creating a new file instead to see if that works for you. It's possible that the file is malformed and might have cause Google Web Designer to run into a fatal JavaScript error that cannot be recovered until the cache is removed.

  • indows: HD:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Google Web Designer\data\cache (note: you need to enable “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” in Folder options View tab)
  • Linux: ~/.local/share/google-web-designer/data/cache
  • Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Google/Web Designer/data/cache

Thanks,

Mattèo Gauthier

Mar 6, 2018, 3:20:56 PM3/6/18
to Google Web Designer beta

San Khong

Mar 6, 2018, 8:04:29 PM3/6/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Thank you for the file. I can reproduce the issue. I'll get back to you soon.

Mattèo Gauthier

Mar 7, 2018, 1:05:43 AM3/7/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Thanks For your help

San Khong

Mar 7, 2018, 5:06:52 PM3/7/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Matteo,

The issue happened because the animation rule is missing 100%. I added the following to the @keyframes flash
  100% {
        opacity: 0;
      }

And the file can now be open. I attached it to this post.

It's still a bug in Google Web Designer that the tool cannot handle malformed animation rule and I will log the bug internally.

Thank you for reporting it to us.
index.html

Mattèo Gauthier

Mar 7, 2018, 8:28:27 PM3/7/18
to Google Web Designer beta
ok thank you for helping me and responding. 👍