Expanding ads not working through DFP

tom.st...@news.co.uk

Nov 29, 2016, 11:58:31 AM11/29/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,

I am having trouble trying to serve a simple expanding pushdown ad via DFP.

As a test, I am using the standard template (Expanding Pushdown) included in the Template Gallery. I have published it without making any modifications, and have uploaded the zip file to DFP, choosing HTML5 as the creative's type.

When previewing via GWD, or even running from the published zip folder locally, all works fine.
However, when previewing or ad serving the creative via DFP, I'm getting the following two JS errors:

Uncaught ReferenceError: tick is not defined(…)
Uncaught ReferenceError: rptcsi is not defined(…)

...and the creative therefore fails to expand on click of the button (due to the JS errors above, I presume).

Albeit GWD is in beta, I would've expected their default templates to work perfectly in Google's own ad serving suites!

If anyone can shed some light on what I might be doing wrong, or what's causing the errors, that would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Tom