YouTube Component

ch.f...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2013, 5:10:22 AM11/30/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com, chris....@orange.fr
Bonjour,

I tried to insert a Youtube component in a baner. This work well with IE and Chrome but with FireFox, I get an empty black box at the Youtube space, without any command bar or image. Therefore the sound is Ok if the Automatic start is on. The FierFox version I use is 25.0.1.

Have a nice day !

Google Web Designer beta

Dec 3, 2013, 12:25:22 PM12/3/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com, chris....@orange.fr
Hi,

Just to verify, on Firefox 25.0.1, the YouTube component is completely black and with autoplay, the sound will play, but the video does not appear. Is that correct?

It would be great if you could provide some more information to help us reproduce the issue:
- do you see any JavaScript error if you enable developer tool?
- what OS are you running?
- have you recently upgraded to 25.0.1 and did it work on older versions of Firefox?
- have you tried it on a different machine with the same / different version of Firefox? If not, could you please give it a try?
- have you tried with a different YouTube video? Could you please provide a YouTube link that have this issue? Note that this is a public forum so please don't send confidential videos for your campaign.

Also, it would be great if you could please include some screen captures showing the issue.

Thanks!

Paul

ch.f...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2013, 4:34:22 AM12/4/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com, chris....@orange.fr
Hi Paul,

Yes, your description of the problem is right ! The screen place for the video is a black rectangle and the commands are not displayed.

- I got not any JavaScript error...
- I use Windows 7.
- The firefox version is recently installed ! But I'm very recent GWD user and I never try with another version.
- I tried the test directly from GWD never on another machine. I have to try this...
- The video is : http://youtu.be/1MMh529cRnQ

I'll continue the tests and I'll dont forget to take screen shots in the future !!

Thanks so much and excuses for my poor english langage quality !!!!

Google Web Designer beta

Dec 4, 2013, 1:02:55 PM12/4/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com, chris....@orange.fr
Hi,

I just tried the video you provided on FF 25.0.1 / Win 7 (64-bit) and the video worked fine. Could you please try it on a different machine?

Thanks!

Paul

cpbt...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2014, 4:56:05 PM2/14/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com, chris....@orange.fr
Hello,

I am having a similar problem with the YouTube component on Firefox 27.0.1. In the Firefox preview the video component shows up fine but it disappears after I publish it. Here is the link to my ad: http://www.capitalpress.biz/html5ads/floathtml5capabilities.html. If you mouse over the banner ad and then mouse over the info icon on the newspaper a YouTube video should appear. It does with Chrome and Safari, just not Firefox. Please Help!!

Brandon

San Khong

Feb 18, 2014, 1:09:05 PM2/18/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com, chris....@orange.fr
It's a known issue that the YouTube component is not working on Firefox with Flash Player 11.9 on Windows OS.  It's reported in this thread here.  We're aware of the issue and will investigate.

Thank you.
San
GWD Team

Jaz