Gradients for older Android browsers

derekber...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2014, 2:31:05 PM10/14/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Some background:

I am working on a 300x600 banner. I sent it through DCQA on Thursday and they came back with only a few errors on the following browsers:

- Samsung Tab 2 (GT-P5113) + 4.2.2
- Samsung Tab 2 (GT-P3110) + 4.1
- Samsung S3 + 4.3
- Galaxy Nexus + 4.0.4
- Motorola Razr + 4.1.2

One of the main issues is the gradients aren’t rendering correctly in those devices. Looking at the final, published file, the css for the gradient looks like this: ".container-flip.gradient{background:linear-gradient(#5d1b33 0, #7c2145 100%)}”, which is all well and good for most browsers, but it is not in older (4.3 and older) Android Browsers, which require a -webkit prefixed gradient declaration.

GWD is supposed to add appropriate browser prefixes, but it does not add any of them to the gradients. In fact, it is stripping them out when I manually include them! I need to find a way to get these gradients to render in those devices, but am having no luck finding a workaround.

Can anyone help?
-Thanks!

San Khong

Oct 17, 2014, 4:23:38 PM10/17/14