3D animation on z-axis issue

Keila Matthews

Oct 3, 2013, 3:02:35 PM10/3/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

So I'm testing out designing in 3d, and I've found I cannot move items on the z-axis. I can rotate in 3d which is great, but I'd like to be able to position the elements on the 3d grid as desired. I've tried the translate tool and the delta/absolute numbers, but the images are not moving along the z-axis. Anything else I can try or is this not possible at this time? Attached is a screenshot (sideview) showing my rotated items. I want to position them so they're lined up on the y-axis and animate along the z-axis.
Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 2.59.27 PM.png

emuell...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2013, 4:01:05 PM10/3/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
You can translate in the Z direction while in the 3D translate tool by holding the control key while dragging.
-Eric
GWD Engineer.

Keila Matthews

Oct 3, 2013, 4:11:02 PM10/3/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I tried that, but it didn't seem to work at first. I've restarted my GWD and it seems to be working, so it was probably a bug or something after tinkering for so long.