Re: Film fund raiser

1 view

Michael Cooper

Sep 17, 2015, 3:16:19 PM9/17/15
to Alex, Michael Cooper, Darrell Barnes, Gvva-News Gvva-News
This is an excellent idea.
I will put it out to anyone either Board or regular member to take on.
I have to focus on getting out AGM happening

If anyone is interested please connect with Alex and Dan

Mike

On Thursday, September 17, 2015, Alex <ahu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mike and Sherry, would the board be interested in the following fund raising pitch?

-Alex

Email forwarded from Dan Cochran (he took a LTRide this season, and been showing up regularly for open track sessions):

"From: Dan Cochran <ile...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 9:36 PM
To: Alex <ahu...@gmail.com>

Hi Alex,
The documentary film " The Fire in the Frame" about Mr. G.Marinoni, the Canadian bicycle builder, including Jocylyn Lovell's champion bike, and holder of the hour record for his age group , is coming back to Victoria.
The producer of the film is offering the opportunity to make this event into a fund raiser which could be useful to to GVVA.
He's looking at late October to early November, needs 100-200 seats and a 14' ceiling.
He has all the projection equipment.

Would there be interest from the GVVA to do this?
I can send his contact info if there is interest.
I've seen the film 6 times, it's great.
It was playing to packed houses and rave reviews at the Toronto and Vancouver film festivals last year. Also played at UVic Cinecenta here numerous times, and of course other cities.

Dan"

Lister Farrar

Sep 17, 2015, 5:49:27 PM9/17/15
to cooper...@shaw.ca, Alex, Darrell Barnes, Gvva-News Gvva-News