Corrections - BC Provincials

1 view

Michael Cooper

Aug 25, 2015, 4:20:55 PM8/25/15
to Gvva-News Gvva-News
I have made a number of corrections and clarifications to the "Race Bible" for the Track Provincials.
Please have another look at the information on the website: www.gvva.bc.ca

Thanks very much.

Mike Cooper

Lister Farrar

Aug 25, 2015, 11:37:06 PM8/25/15
to cooper...@shaw.ca, Gvva-News Gvva-News
Thanks Mike.

Couple of things have been pointed out to me:

1 "junior" is used to indicate both the u19 category and all the youth categories.  I suggest using u11, u13, u15, u17, u19.  Also, be explicit if restricted gears apply to all, and which gear, as the CCC guide says there are different restriction for each category. (Which I assume we're not observing because of combined categories.) Except u17 and u19 because they have different gears at
Nationals? (Though that's hard to tell because the CCC track Nats guide isn't published until sept.  :(

2.  I'm getting lots of reaction and disappointment there's no u13 u15 sprint event of any kind.  This is a pretty fundamental track event, and one the FastTrack kids have been practicing for five months.   Given that it's arguable they don't need a full sprint omnium (unlike adults, they don't specialize), can we add a sprint tournament for u13-u15?  And make it easier for u17 to do the u19 sprint omnium without a special approval?

Sent from my iPhone