First Aid Certification

Michael Cooper

Feb 16, 2016, 12:54:42 AM2/16/16
to Gvva-News Gvva-News
Please consider taking a First Aid Course through St John Ambulance. The GVVA would like to have as many members as possible who have up to date certification to ensure the safety of all of our participants. First Aid is a good skill to have for whatever cycling or other sport activities you do.

We especially need to have track monitors with certification.

In 2012 we had a group of 18 members take a 1 day course. For those of us, our certification has expired and we need to take the course again.

The recommended course is "Emergency First Aid for Industry (OFA Level 1 Equivalent)."
See their website for details: http://www.sja.ca/

Upcoming courses are held on Saturdays:
March 5 and 12
April 9, 16, 23
The cost is $95.00 (The GVVA does not have the budget to cover the cost of this course)

8:30am - 4:30pm
Pre-Requisites: Must be age 16 or older and be physically able to perform required skills. A valid photo ID in class is required by WorkSafeBC in order for you to be able to participate in this course. Acceptable forms are driver’s license, passport, student ID card, employee picture card, native status picture ID, BC Photo ID, or Canadian Government issued photo ID. Please arrive 15 minutes before the class starts; you may not be able to participate in the class if you arrive after the start time, are unable to adhere to the break schedule or are unable to stay until class completion time. WorkSafeBC mandates an on time start at the beginning of class and break times. Course participants are to come prepared with a writing utensil for the written exam and dress comfortably for the class; dresses, skirts, shorts and open-toed shoes are not recommended. As per WorkSafeBC, shoes are required to be worn at all times in the class room. Please also refrain from wearing perfume, heavily scented lotions, or lipstick in class. Pre-reading materials must be picked up before the course date as the written exam includes questions that may not be covered in class.

Price: $95.00
Branch Information
Victoria Branch
205 - 3214 Douglas Street Victoria , BC V8Z 3K8 (250) 388-5505

If you are interested in doing this as a group, please let me know and I can see if we can book one of the Saturdays above.

Thanks very much.

Mike Cooper
President, GVVA