Rescheduling the BC Track Provincial Championships to Sept 5-6 (Labour Day Long Weekend) - Doodle Poll

Michael Cooper

Aug 30, 2015, 10:07:52 PM8/30/15
to Gvva-News Gvva-News
The West Shore Velodrome is available on the Labour Day Long weekend. I would like to do a "Doodle Poll" to see how much interest there would be to reschedule.
Options are as follows:
1. Schedule only championship events and hold the races on Saturday and Sunday only
2. Rerun the exact same schedule with events on Friday evening as well as Saturday and Sunday (to be honest I don't think this will be practical from a race organizer point of view)
3. Also indicate your availability for Monday in case we need a rain date (although the extended forecast looks good so far)

Click on the link below to go to the Doodle Poll. Please provide your first and last name. If you are responding for multiple entrants that is fine - just indicate separate names. Please select only the options that you are able to attend.

Thanks very much

Mike Cooper
President, GVVA

R A

Aug 30, 2015, 11:03:52 PM8/30/15
to cooper...@shaw.ca, Gvva-News Gvva-News
Hey Mike,

I am not availible for that weekend at all as i will be heading to vancouver on the sunday for a course that starts monday and i work saturday. With that said this would not be enough notice for people from the USA, vancouver or even possibly here to rearrange their schedules to be able to make the race. As specially since it was supposed to be this weekend and people preregistered. I personally think people need to be given 2 weeks notice to rearrange their life/ work schedules as most will either work next weekend, getting ready for back to school or already have other plans. Thus looking bad on the GVVA and those people wanting refunds. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers,
Ryan Arbuckle