Fwd: 2015 Canadian National Commissaire of the Year

Christopher Anstey

Sep 18, 2015, 12:21:43 PM9/18/15
to GVVA News
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Claire Bonin <cyclin...@gmail.com>
Date: Sep 15, 2015 11:27 PM
Subject: 2015 Canadian National Commissaire of the Year
To: Claire Bonin <cyclin...@gmail.com>

Hi all

Cycling Canada is looking to recognize a National commissaire for his/her outstanding work this year.  Cycling BC is looking for guidance from you to select who should the province nominate for this award, as you work closely with these individuals over the course of the year.

Reply are needed by Friday September 18 at the latest.

The intent of the award is to honor an active Canadian national commissaire (any discipline) on the basis of his/her achievement of excellence at the national level in the previous 15 months (July 1 2014 to September 30 2015). International commissaire are excluded from this award as they get their own recognition.

Commissaire must have been active for the last 5 years and hold a current license. Also considered by the CC are the number of events and level of sanctions he/she worked at, impact on the sport and official, outstanding record and recognized by peers.

BC is lucky to have quite a few national commissaires

Bruce Tonkin, Road, Cross
Peter McCaffery, Road, MTB, Cross, Track
Claire Bonin, MTB, Cross, BMX
Sandy Harrison, Road
Marko Rosic, Road, MTB
Gary Lustig, MTB, BMX
Wally James, MTB
Mylene Lefebvre, MTB, BMX
Kevin Fedorak, MTB
Cindy Landers, BMX
Michelle Landers, BMX
Gary Schleisinger, MTB
(I sure hope I didn't forget anyone let me know if I did)

Please let me know who you think should be put forward by the province.

Cycling BC's nomination for the international commissaire of the year award is Wayne Pomario. With assignments to track world cup, world tour events, Giro d'Italia, PanAms and World Championships to name a few in addition to being the lead instructor for UCI Road Commissaire, Wayne truly deserve to be recognized and Cycling BC is pleased to send his nomination to Cycling Canada.

I would also like to know, your opinion on who should be recognized as provincial commissaires of the year - this time per discipline - Road, track, BMX, Cross, MTB. Send you nomination for each discipline you are certified for.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions

Thanks for your help

Claire