VFS2 is done!

Fabricio Voznika

Nov 12, 2020, 9:01:59 PM11/12/20
to gVisor Users
Hi all,

VFS2 is now feature complete! We're gradually transitioning users to VFS2 and will make it the default after we soak it for some time. We recommend everyone to start running with the --vfs2 flag to catch any possible issue early on, before we switch it to the default.

If you find issues, please file a bug or send feedback using this link.

Thanks!

Ronald Braunstein

Nov 13, 2020, 10:49:39 PM11/13/20
to gVisor Users [Public]
Is there going to be a new release with it?

Ian Lewis

Nov 16, 2020, 2:30:18 AM11/16/20
to Ronald Braunstein, gVisor Users [Public]
Hi Ronald,

Releases go out roughly every two weeks.

It will be enabled by default on one of the future releases though we don't know exactly which one it will be yet. I think it's likely we'll give an update again once the release with vfs2 enabled by default goes out.

Ian

Ian Lewis | Developer Advocate | ianl...@google.com | +81 (03)4540-2465

lub...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2020, 11:46:39 PM12/3/20
to gVisor Users [Public]
GOOD NEWS.

Ian Lewis

Dec 4, 2020, 12:45:23 AM12/4/20
to lub...@gmail.com, gVisor Users [Public]
In the meantime, please do test it out. We are still finding some bugs here and there and the reports we've been getting from external users has been helpful.

Ronald Braunstein

Dec 4, 2020, 1:23:52 AM12/4/20
to Ian Lewis, lub...@gmail.com, gVisor Users [Public]
We did see a problem with mkdir on /dev during flow tests, but I haven't gone back to try and narrow it down to a simple use case.

Fabricio Voznika

Dec 8, 2020, 1:59:56 PM12/8/20
to Ronald Braunstein, Ian Lewis, lub...@gmail.com, gVisor Users [Public]
Please file a github issue if you can repro it or have logs for the failure.