APT - Unable to locate package runsc

Ryan Kasprzyk

Feb 3, 2021, 12:51:49 PM2/3/21
to gVisor Users [Public]
Hi all, I'm trying to install gVisor on a test system using the APT instructions from the website. It doesn't look like apt is able to resolve in the runsc package in the repository.

OS: Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic
Kernel: 4.15.0-135-generic
Platform: Vagrant/Virtualbox

Any thoughts

Adin Scannell

Feb 3, 2021, 12:58:50 PM2/3/21
to Ryan Kasprzyk, gVisor Users [Public]
There was an issue recently with the release automation that caused the packages file to be empty, which has now been fixed.

Are you trying to install the "release" distribution? This has not yet been recut to fix the issue, but you should be able to use the "master" distribution and install runsc, e.g.

Let me know if that's not working, and I'll dig in further (but I did sanity check the Packages file, and it seems good.)

Ryan Kasprzyk

Feb 3, 2021, 1:02:07 PM2/3/21
to gVisor Users [Public]
Switching the repo spec to master does indeed work, thank you!

Adin Scannell

Feb 3, 2021, 1:20:19 PM2/3/21
On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 10:02 AM Ryan Kasprzyk <ryan.b....@gmail.com> wrote:
Switching the repo spec to master does indeed work, thank you!

Good to hear. The release distribution should work as soon as the next release is cut (O(days)). Ideally I would go and backfill, but it's complicated because of the way releases are signed (and I can't easily access the key to manually build a release).