Re: Running OpenVPN client in gVisor environment

Bhasker Hariharan

May 19, 2021, 8:55:45 AMMay 19
to Lior Neumann, gVisor Users [Public]
Answer I liked.

On Wed, May 19, 2021, 5:02 AM Lior Neumann <lior.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to run OpenVPN client in gVisor environment.
I have already encountered and fixed several issues with the tun/tap implementation (pkg/sentry/fs/dev/net_tun.go), a pull request will follow :)

I am currently facing an issue with the lack of support for IP  routing (pkg/sentry/socket/netlink/route/protocol.go), specifically lack of support for the RTM_NEWROUTE and RTM_DELROUTE requests.

These are on our Todo list.
See:

It's something we want to add but its not been prioritized.

-bhasker

I am wondering what is the preferred approach here?
Is anyone working on it?

Cheers,
Lior.