Meeting on Thursday instead of Friday

Cindy Hathaway

Dec 7, 2011, 10:50:33 AM12/7/11
to gvh-ro...@googlegroups.com
The Robotics club will meet on Thursday instead of Friday to prepare for Saturday's competition. I sent an e-mail to Brenda in the front office about the change and do not know if she will need transportation changes from each parent or not.

Cindy Hathaway

Carlos Bonilla

Dec 7, 2011, 11:41:18 AM12/7/11
to gvh-ro...@googlegroups.com
Cindy,

Thanks for sending this change update. Reason behind it is that since we need to be in Anderson High School ALL day on Saturday, the kids will need a break on Friday.

Team will be meeting from 3-5 pm on Thursday.

On Saturday, all the kids will need to be at Anderson High School (on Mopac not Anderson Mill) by 7:30 am and the event will run the whole day. Make sure snacks and even lunch is provided so kids are fed and hydrated during that day.

Please bring Lego T-Shirts on Thursday.

Thanks
Carlos

Peter_...@dell.com

Dec 7, 2011, 11:47:54 AM12/7/11
to gvh-ro...@googlegroups.com

Is there any other information about the competition on Sat?

Arrive                    7:30 am

Start time            ?? 8:00am??

End time              ??

What are the events?

What approximate times will they take place (for example, skit is first in window from 8-10am?)

Is there a break for lunch that the kids can leave the site?

Regards,

Peter

Stephanie Haug

Dec 7, 2011, 11:50:48 AM12/7/11
to gvh-ro...@googlegroups.com
I don't think she will need a change from each parent. I will verify the change with her. If your child goes to the YMCA after Robotics, you do need to contact the Y directly about the change.

Stephanie

Stephanie Haug

Dec 7, 2011, 12:12:14 PM12/7/11
to gvh-ro...@googlegroups.com
Here is all the info I have:

WHEN:  December 10th from 9:00am to 4:00pm
WHERE:  Anderson High School, 8402 Mesa Drive
DESCRIPTION:  The majority of the FLL robot matches will take place from 1:00pm to 3:00pm, while the FTC (high school) scrimmages will take place from 10:00am to 12:00pm.

I don't think our team will get our specific schedule until we arrive.

Go Lego Nuts!

Stephanie

Carlos Bonilla

Dec 7, 2011, 12:21:42 PM12/7/11
to gvh-ro...@googlegroups.com
Exactly.

There is no exact time when our team will participate. It's divided in 3 sections:

1) Skit Presentation
2) Core Values (showing the judges what and how the kids worked on)
3) Robot Matches (2 or 3 opportunities throughout the day)

We will be told when we arrive there. Registration starts at 7:30 am. I believe if we are there between 7:30 and 8:00 am we should be fine.

Carlos

From: SAH...@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: Meeting on Thursday instead of Friday - Please bring Lego T-Shirts
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 11:12:14 -0600
To: gvh-ro...@googlegroups.com

Stephanie Haug

Dec 7, 2011, 12:40:59 PM12/7/11
to gvh-ro...@googlegroups.com
OK.  Here is a lot of stuff I have put together.  There are 2 forms to fill out.  It would be good to fill these out ahead of time.  I think the parents have to fill out the participation form too.  I also found the schedule for Saturday.  The team is booked pretty solid in the morning, and then has 2 turns at the robot tables in the afternoon.  You might want to print this out and highlight when our team participates in each activity.  Finally, there are 2 files about the Core Values.  One lists them, and the other goes more deeply into 2 of the concepts.  It would be good for the kids to read these over ahead of time.  These are just as important as the skit and robot performances.  Let me know if you have trouble opening any of these.

Qualifying Tournament.zip

Citrine

Dec 7, 2011, 12:55:35 PM12/7/11
to gvh-ro...@googlegroups.com
Coaches,

Found this link amongst all the other info regarding exactly what will be judged and scored (see below):

Good luck, Lego Nuts!

Iris

Dec 7, 2011, 4:07:27 PM12/7/11
to gvh-ro...@googlegroups.com
Carlos,
- I've filled the 2 forms for Gabriel and will send them on his backpack tomorrow.
- I wasn't able to open the web attachments. Will they be reviewing those at tomorrows meeting or at home? Do you have a link?
- Please note Gabriel will only be able to go to tomorrow's meeting from 3-4pm. Please let me know if there is anything he misses.

Thanks,
Susana

On Dec 7, 2011, at 11:40 AM, Stephanie Haug wrote:

<Qualifying Tournament>

Stephanie Haug

Dec 7, 2011, 4:45:15 PM12/7/11
to gvh-ro...@googlegroups.com
Susana,

I think these are the 2 you were having trouble with. I saved them as pdf's.

FLL Core Values.pdf
Gracious Professionalism.pdf