Good Experience with Pillon Dorino

Dave Swanson

May 2, 2023, 5:16:55 PM5/2/23
to Guzzi Singles
I just purchased a parcel rack (MG158) from Pillon Dorino.  The rack is well made and was very reasonably priced at 55 Euro.  The only pain in the process is PD's requirement to perform an international bank transfer.  P D is not set up for anything that would be more convenient and cheaper.  The int. bank transfer was $45.

Originally PD was going to charge 21.53 Euro VAT and they was not familiar with the USA exception for VAT.   I supplied the following to them and after they checked it out shipped without charging me VAT so it was worth the little extra trouble.

"Parts for vintage motorcycles tariff code 871499004.  Exemption Accordance with EX Article 08 DPR 63"

The rack arrived in 1 week from the bank transfer.  Very fast I would say.

Now I need to find a paint color fairly close.  IMG_0700.JPG

Don West

May 3, 2023, 5:42:31 AM5/3/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
From a quick look, they have an ebay shop and accept Paypal.

Odd why they insisted on bank transfer?

Don

Dave Swanson

May 3, 2023, 8:57:50 AM5/3/23
to Guzzi Singles
Ha!  Well, that would have been easier!  :)

Barry Porter

May 3, 2023, 11:37:55 AM5/3/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
For out of country bank transfers I’ve been using Wise.com since about 2018. I believe fees are usually under $10 for smaller amounts. Yes, you’ll need to link your bank account (or credit card for a higher fee) to them which I know some people aren’t willing to do. But in 5 or so years I’ve done numerous transfers and never had any problems.

Best,
Barry

Dave Knaack

May 3, 2023, 12:43:05 PM5/3/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
FYI. Wells Fargo allows you to do international wire transfers at no charge also. Right from your phone!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 3, 2023, at 10:37 AM, Barry Porter <roc...@jps.net> wrote:

For out of country bank transfers I’ve been using Wise.com since about 2018. I believe fees are usually under $10 for smaller amounts. Yes, you’ll need to link your bank account (or credit card for a higher fee) to them which I know some people aren’t willing to do. But in 5 or so years I’ve done numerous transfers and never had any problems.

Dave Swanson

May 3, 2023, 1:05:04 PM5/3/23
to Guzzi Singles
I have a WISE account, but could not convince them to use WISE.  The WISE transfer would have cost me $1.33.