Torque specifications Galletto

Diederik Hagen

Jun 17, 2024, 8:08:28 AMJun 17
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am partially rebuilding my Galletto engine with ao a new oversized piston. Now finally in the fase of putting everything back together I am struggling to find the correct torque specifications of the 2 cylinder (sleeve bottom) nuts and the 3 on the head itself.

Usually I guestimate torque specs and use my built-in elbow torque wrench. But I like to do it the correct way in the case of cylinder heads. The original manual is very clear by the way. The 'chapter' for engine assembly just says: assembly in the opposite order of disassembly. Wow...Really? :)

If anyone knows where to find the torque specs for this engine, please let me know. I am also looking for the valve clearances by the way...

Thanks for your help,

Diederik

Richard Wood

Jun 17, 2024, 8:25:26 AMJun 17
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Yes really 😉 - everything was tightened by feel back in the day.

Richard

guzz...@aol.com

Jun 17, 2024, 12:39:11 PMJun 17
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
There are engineering charts that give specs for tightening bolts of all sizes when in doubt.

Tim