Airone Flywheel

roger...@clara.co.uk

Jul 4, 2021, 1:57:12 PM7/4/21
to Guzzi Singles

Today I started my airone for the first time after  a clutch replacement and the flywheel is making a continuous ringing sound which it didn't previously. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Roger Slater
1954 Airone 250 Sport
Malvern UK

pouma1954

Jul 4, 2021, 3:03:09 PM7/4/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Make sure that it's tight to start with.

Paul

Envoyé depuis mon appareil Galaxy

> first time after  a clutch replacement and the flywheel is making a
> continuous ringing sound

Hint.
When you did this clutch work, did you happen to do any cleaning or
honing of the crankshaft taper and the mating flywheel taper? The stock
flywheel is NOT very far out from the engine castings. The very
slightest of touching will set off the ringing. Working on the taper
can easily bring the flywheel into touch contact with the castings.
Check VERY carefully throughout the rotation.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA