Carburetor Float Needle Leaking

guzz...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2022, 10:01:50 AM8/28/22
to Guzzi Singles
Now that I have the fuel shut off valves fixed I need to tackle the float needle valve or should I say mushroom? It drips a drop about every 30 seconds out of the carb intake while sitting with the gas on.. I assume tooth paste is involved.

Richard Wood

Aug 28, 2022, 11:12:10 AM8/28/22
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Are new float needles available or is that rocking horse poop territory?

Richard

On Sun, 28 Aug 2022, 15:01 guzz...@gmail.com, <guzz...@gmail.com> wrote:
Now that I have the fuel shut off valves fixed I need to tackle the float needle valve or should I say mushroom? It drips a drop about every 30 seconds out of the carb intake while sitting with the gas on.. I assume tooth paste is involved.

Guzzi SVT

Aug 29, 2022, 12:46:35 PM8/29/22
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I use some polishing compounds and a drill to reseat the float valve. All is well now.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Guzzi Singles" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/guzzi-singles/CAGKnWuq9w%2BAMNeELb3zdNxpPmvWVY2a1nzYLtArviWqxmH7VCA%40mail.gmail.com.

Dave Knaack

Aug 29, 2022, 1:21:17 PM8/29/22
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I was leery of using a drill on mine. I did it by hand (several times)   Good to know the drill works !
Thx

Sent from my iPhone

Richard Wood

Sep 1, 2022, 3:29:17 AM9/1/22