Well how about that?

Rick Yamane

Sep 10, 2022, 5:35:22 PM9/10/22
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com

Actually got a few laps around our parking lot on the GTV today!
It wasn’t without some drama though.
I started it up and while it was warming up turned the bike around and pointed it at the door. Got astride pushing forward, as I got to the doorway I pulled in the clutch and put it in gear. I t lurched forward a bit and rolled as I let out the clutch and suddenly I wasn’t moving. Huh? I noticed there was no pressure on the clutch lever either.

The lever end barrel of the clutch cable had pulled off and amazingly for some reason the gearbox had found neutral, otherwise I would have been rolling out the door with no clutch control, on a bike I have never ridden before with a heel brake.
Luckily We make cables so I have the stuff I need. Plugged in the solder pot and went about to replace the inner cable.

Went back to the Stornello while I waited for the solder pot to get hot…….

Anyway there were no problems after that. Got the new cable on and did 4-5 laps. Got it into second but gearing is fairly high so it was pretty much just first gear, I did try second for just a bit but the gearing is fairly tall and so I pretty much just left it in 1st.

Hopefully it will be smooth waters from now.Now to call my DMV man and get my Guzzis all legal.

Rick