Misc. Parts Needed

John Martorano

Jan 3, 2024, 4:46:10 PMJan 3
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm finally finishing my 1950 Airone after 10 years of working on it and I'm having trouble finding a few parts.  I've looked all over the internet without any luck.  Can anyone help?  Here's the list of items I need.

1 ea. T16089   Battery clamp w/ bolt
1 ea. T16087   Battery threaded barrel
4 ea. T5311     Sm. rear dampener friction dish.
1 ea. T5304     Dampener nut
1 ea. T5312     Dampener nut
1 ea.                Brake lever screw

I also have an extra new13 spring seat cover if anyone needs it.  I bought two from B & B Mechanica and they still didn't get it right.  They blamed the manufacturer both times for the mistakes and said just send them back.  You know how that goes.... it cost more to send back than they are worth,  so I can't guarantee it's the correct size.  In case you're interested, they are very nice people, but the quality of their parts aren't great...some are made in China like their rims.  I also have some other used parts you can have.   I will not be needing them because I'll be selling the bike to concentrate on my Indian.
Thanks,
John

ba...@shifta.co.uk

Jan 4, 2024, 5:55:46 AMJan 4
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com

Hi John, I have the cork sheet for making the small friction discs and when I restored my Airone I also couldn’t find any so set about making a press tool for both sizes.  I have to use my hydraulic bearing press to use the tool so it takes time but works.  Unfortunately I go into hospital next week for an operation to have my ear removed due to cancer, If you can give me a week or two I can make a set for you.  Cost wise about £10 including P&P.  you can pay me by paypal later.

Let me know

Barry

Patrick Hayes

Jan 4, 2024, 12:49:30 PMJan 4
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
On 1/3/2024 2:34 PM, John Martorano wrote:
> I've looked all over the internet without any luck.

John: Have you contacted any of the Italian vendors directly? Several
of them communicate quickly in English. Best if you use a parts catalog
to give them a precise part number and avoid confusion. Do you have a
parts book for your moto?

guzziretro.com or valentimotorestauri.com

Some things (like damper friction discs) you would likely have to get in
a full set. Easier to make your own.

Do you have any access to a friend with a lathe? The bolt and nut items
are fairly easy to fabricate.

Where are you located generally?

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Rick Yamane

Jan 4, 2024, 4:54:11 PMJan 4
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I goy the battery straps and screw hardware for my GTV from Guzzi Retro, I believe. If not them perhaps it was Valenti. I think it would be a good bet they are the same.

Rick

Jan 4, 2024, 6:12:57 PMJan 4
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Barry,

I really appreciate your help with these disks, but you have something more pressing.  I'll just steal your ingenious idea to make them if you don't mind.  Godspeed with your operation.

Best wishes,

John Martorano

John Beldock

Jan 5, 2024, 1:16:46 PMJan 5
to Guzzi Singles
Hey Gang,
As an fyi, and since my wife was in Milan during fashion week back in September, I flew over and rented a bike to take a 3 day ride up to the lake.
One of my side aims was to visit resto parts shops in Mandello.

I bought little bits of stuff for a few of my Guzzi bikes at each of:
MotoFornitura Valassi (great stock of singles stuff)
Valpolini (mostly parts for '70s/80's Guzzis)
Guzzi Retro (tons of everything, and tons of used stuff too)

I'm probably not saying anything that many of you don't already know but it was pretty cool how these folks had pretty much all the stuff I asked for inventoried by Guzzi part number.

Also, I hooked up with a motorcycle rental guy in Milan that I hadn't used before.  Excellent new bikes, totally seamless process and great to work with.
Adventure Rent -Andrea Di Giorgio (and his wife) are the sole operators.
Via Gallarate 122 - 39.3489278331
www.adventure.rent

If anyone wants to meet up, lemme know.  I'm always up for a few day spin in the Alps!

Richard Wood

Jan 5, 2024, 1:31:38 PMJan 5
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for update John. I used to buy regularly from Walter Valpolini for my spares import business, over a 20 year period in the 80's and 90's, although guess the old man has passed now. His son-in-law was brought into the business so maybe the one still running it.

Richard

jerry atric

Feb 23, 2024, 7:16:13 AMFeb 23
to Guzzi Singles
Hi John, I've only just seen this thread. If you are still looking, I have friction discs, probably also battery straps. I am in the UK though so shipping is always a pain if you're in the States.

guzz...@aol.com

Feb 23, 2024, 11:20:11 AMFeb 23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I think you could use the PTFE isolastic discs from a Norton commando.

Tim

guzz...@aol.com

Feb 23, 2024, 11:22:28 AMFeb 23
to 'guzzigal@aol.com' via Guzzi Singles
Sorry I forgot a part # for the PTFE discs ,,,,, 06-3556 if you want to try them.

Tim

John Martorano

Feb 23, 2024, 11:58:42 AMFeb 23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jerry,

Yes!  I'm still looking for both.  Just let me know the cost and the shipping.

jerry atric

Feb 23, 2024, 1:23:06 PMFeb 23
to Guzzi Singles
OK. Are you in the US? I'll need a couple of days. Chris

John Martorano

Feb 23, 2024, 4:38:10 PMFeb 23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, in California.  No worries, I'm just happy I can stop searching for those items!😁

jerry atric

Feb 24, 2024, 12:22:14 PMFeb 24
to Guzzi Singles
how many friction discs do you need? I'll see if I can upload a photo of the battery straps to check the look correct

John Martorano

Feb 24, 2024, 12:31:26 PMFeb 24
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I need 2 small ones.

jerry atric

Feb 24, 2024, 1:26:59 PMFeb 24
to Guzzi Singles
ok

jerry atric

Feb 25, 2024, 5:11:42 AMFeb 25
to Guzzi Singles
John, let me know if the battery clamp is any good for you. It's new (rerpo). It cost me £26, you can have it for £20. The friction discs are new old stock, the real deal, £8 for both. Shipping is £12 tracked (5-7 days) or £6 not tracked (6-7 days) Cheers, Jerry

jerry atric

Feb 25, 2024, 11:57:21 AMFeb 25
to Guzzi Singles
IMG_3285.jpg
sorry, forgot to add the image!

John Martorano

Feb 26, 2024, 11:21:35 PMFeb 26
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jerry,

Unfortunately the battery clamp is not the correct one and someone has the disks here in the US, sorry.  I appreciate you reaching out to help.
Best,
John

jerry atric

Feb 27, 2024, 2:49:10 AMFeb 27
to Guzzi Singles
Hi John, I wasn't sure about the battery clamp but if you can get the discs locally it makes much more sense. No problem at all. Good luck with the rebuild👍🏻
Jerry

John Martorano

Feb 27, 2024, 9:23:48 AMFeb 27
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com