Scroll throttle.

v7j...@outlook.com

Jun 1, 2024, 3:01:42 PMJun 1
to Guzzi Singles
Hi Everyone.

I've just made up a throttle cable and fitted the original scroll throttle (twist grip) that was in the pile of bits which came with my Superalce. The new cable is all nice and silky and the throttle itself all works smoothly. My question is, should the throttle self-close when released? It doesn't and, looking at it, I doubt it should. It just stays where it's put. I'm just looking for confirmation. I'm not bothered as I have throttle dampers fitted to a couple of my other bikes so the throttle can't snap shut when I'm waving my arm around to make right turn signals.

The carb fitted is an AMAL 626.

The bike came to me with a british style twist grip which slipped around on the handlebars. A previous owner had tried to cure this by wrapping some wet and dry abrasive paper around the bars under the throttle clamp!

John

pouma1954

Jun 1, 2024, 3:14:17 PMJun 1
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Throttle stays put.
Paul

Envoyé depuis mon appareil Galaxy

Jun 3, 2024, 7:03:25 PMJun 3
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Paul. I thought I was right.

John

v7j...@outlook.com

Jun 3, 2024, 7:04:39 PMJun 3
to Guzzi Singles
I've tried a couple of times to reply thanking Paul for the confirmation I was looking for but it doesn't seem to get through. Third time lucky.

John

v7j...@outlook.com

Jun 3, 2024, 7:08:35 PMJun 3
to Guzzi Singles