Rebuild Fuel Shutoff Valve

guzz...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2022, 6:43:11 PM8/25/22
to Guzzi Singles
Is there a way to rebuild the fuel shutoff valves on my 1938 S.
They have a spring and cotter key holding them together.
Thanks!IMG_20220825_173642836.jpgIMG_20220825_173622779.jpg

Jerome Kimberlin

Aug 25, 2022, 7:24:59 PM8/25/22
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
There isn't anything there to rebuild.  I assume they leak and you need
to fix that.  Pull the cotter and take the valve apart, clean it well,
and lap the tapered parts together using toothpaste until the leak is
fixed.  Wash the paste out and reassemble.

JerryK

guzz...@aol.com

Aug 25, 2022, 8:03:09 PM8/25/22
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I believe it's just a brass ball in there so you might be able to lap the pieces/parts and clean them up ........ then they'll just leak more Blush

Tim

Guzzi SVT

Aug 25, 2022, 9:33:26 PM8/25/22
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
They seep very little. Most evaporates before going anywhere. Just want to get it to where I can leave gas in it while it's stored. Thanks for the information, I'll get it done.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Guzzi Singles" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/guzzi-singles/1403058642.11367.1661472178680%40mail.yahoo.com.

Rick Yamane

Aug 25, 2022, 11:08:05 PM8/25/22
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I think those are cone shaped.

Aug 26, 2022, 1:14:02 AM8/26/22
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
If the shaft is tapered rather than straight, you can increase the spring tension, resulting in a snugger fit between lapped surfaces. Just adding 1 or 2 washers before the cotter pin may do it.

Steven

pouma1954

Aug 26, 2022, 2:58:10 AM8/26/22
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I have the same issuewith the oil tap on my Falcone.
I'll look into next oil drain this winter.
Paul

Envoyé depuis mon appareil Galaxy