Tool Box Keys

Alan Comfort

Sep 15, 2021, 8:44:11 PM9/15/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Here is a photo of the various keys that I use for the Moto Guzzi tool boxes.  I have two types of locks on the various bikes in the fleet. One type has a small slotted cylinder and the other does not. The flat keys are for the lock with the cylinder and the keys with the round shank are for the locks without the slotted cylinder. The flat keys are made with 3/64 and 5/64 steel sheet metal. I recommend the heavier steel as it is easy to bend the 3/64 steel if the lock is sticky. The round shank keys are either welded from drill rod and washers or are modified skeleton keys found in  junk stores. These keys are easy to make with a hacksaw, file and die grinder. Some day I will make them prettier. It helps to put some oil on the locks before trying to open them. It takes a bit of trial and error to get them to work,
I trust that the ruler and grid paper will give you the dimensions that you need.
Ciao, Alan
DSC_0321.jpg

Steve Bend, Oregon

Sep 16, 2021, 1:20:10 PM9/16/21
to Guzzi Singles
Thanks very much Alan.  That is perfect.

kste...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 11:43:12 PM9/16/21
to Guzzi Singles
Here is my “genuine” key for my 54 I got recently

Sent from myMail for iOS

Friday, 17 September 2021, 03:20 +1000 from bris...@gmail.com <bris...@gmail.com>:
image-17-09-21-13-42.jpeg
image-17-09-21-13-42-1.jpeg

Steve Bend, Oregon

Sep 17, 2021, 10:24:48 AM9/17/21
to Guzzi Singles
Thank you for the photos kste.  Can you tell us the source for the key?
Thank you,

Antonio Ricciardi

Sep 17, 2021, 2:29:59 PM9/17/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com

I have keys. Send me a message. I am in Ohio.Zipolo

Stephen Brisken

Sep 18, 2021, 11:48:13 AM9/18/21
to Guzzi Singles
Supergrease, I can't find a way to message you directly so I sent and email to you following your message to me.

kste...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2021, 8:55:52 PM9/18/21
to Guzzi Singles
Trying to remember !  Will check my old emails later. I also got a pump and some period cable ties.  I think someone on here helped.

Sent from myMail for iOS

John O Regan

Sep 19, 2021, 10:13:17 AM9/19/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I got toolbox locks and  keys from Valenti in Italy
Then I found out that the locks had been changed and the lids had been drilled out 😟

Regards
John

ksteenst

Sep 19, 2021, 9:49:38 PM9/19/21
to Guzzi Singles
I finally found where I bought it... https://valentimotorestauri.com/en/

but i think you know that now!

jimf...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2021, 9:37:11 AM10/4/21
to Guzzi Singles
I was able to make one using the pics. Thanks

Alan Comfort

Oct 4, 2021, 9:08:02 PM10/4/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Sometimes it is much easier to make parts than to chase them down.
Regarding the flywheel parts, Valenti should have those items.
Alan in Roberts Creek