Battery source 1955 Falcone Turismo?

Stephen Brisken

Feb 25, 2023, 5:01:59 PM2/25/23
to Guzzi Singles
I am in need of a new 6 volt battery for my 1955 Falcone Turismo.  Is there a source in the U.S.?  Make a part number for the battery would be great.
Thanks, Stephen

Dave Swanson

May 2, 2023, 5:18:47 PM5/2/23
to Guzzi Singles
Battery Mart has the Duracell  - Dura6-5F.  That's what I use in all my 6v bikes.

Paul Marx

May 5, 2023, 6:19:04 AM5/5/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
My Falcone runs 12 volts. I wouldn't look back.
Paul

Andrew Nahum

May 5, 2023, 6:31:37 AM5/5/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Twelve volts is surely better but since I found a good LED headlight “bulb” I’m getting a decently bright, white, and visible headlight on 6 volts so I’m happy for now.

Sent from my iPhone

Stephen Brisken

May 5, 2023, 10:07:46 AM5/5/23
to Guzzi Singles
Thank you for the lead to the Duracell Dura6-5f.
Stephen

Patrick Hayes

May 5, 2023, 10:31:54 AM5/5/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I use two 6v AGM wired in parallel in a dummy batt box. I'm on the road. Home next week and I'll send details.
Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

On Sat, Feb 25, 2023, 2:02 PM Stephen Brisken <bris...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am in need of a new 6 volt battery for my 1955 Falcone Turismo.  Is there a source in the U.S.?  Make a part number for the battery would be great.
Thanks, Stephen

Paul Marx

May 5, 2023, 11:45:40 AM5/5/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I have 1 12V AGM in a dummy box.
Paul

Stephen Brisken

May 5, 2023, 11:47:43 AM5/5/23
to Guzzi Singles
What is a source for the dummy boxes?

Patrick Hayes

May 5, 2023, 12:48:18 PM5/5/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I got mine from Paul at guzzino. Com

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

pouma1954

May 5, 2023, 12:50:10 PM5/5/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Shops dealing with British bikes do them. I found a nice rubber one. I think with Feked.
Paul

Envoyé depuis mon appareil Galaxy

May 5, 2023, 2:53:31 PM5/5/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com

Me too. The batteries are actually for alarm systems. I should get a bigger battery box. Went with a smaller square, when viewed from the top, one because I could get it through Vape.

Rick Yamane

May 5, 2023, 2:56:00 PM5/5/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com

Most dealers, distributors that sell vintage supplies will be able to get one for you. As I eluded to, get the bigger one. It’ll fit in the tray better.

May 5, 2023, 3:28:26 PM5/5/23
to Guzzi Singles

Andrew Nahum

May 5, 2023, 6:02:43 PM5/5/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I am using 3 of these Hawker Cyclons  in series. They just pack into an an old style case.
They seem very robust and hold onto their charge.
There are other suppliers.

Mac Dennis

May 6, 2023, 6:18:06 AM5/6/23
to Guzzi Singles
Batteries;
Nice list you can scroll through to see the different sizes and amp hour ratings.
Many of these batteries can also be found at local hardware and home centers.

Best to have a charger rated for your battery too!

Mac

Mac Dennis

May 6, 2023, 6:35:02 AM5/6/23
to Guzzi Singles

Patrick Hayes

May 11, 2023, 2:13:15 PM5/11/23
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
On 2/25/2023 2:01 PM, Stephen Brisken wrote:
> I am in need of a new 6 volt battery for my 1955 Falcone Turismo.

I was traveling last week when you all discussed this. I use two of
these wired in parallel and installed into a dummy box.

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/56310/BAT-UB645WLWL.html

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA