ISDT part needed

Dave Knaack

Aug 9, 2021, 4:09:03 PM8/9/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I’m looking for a rear brake backing plate for my ‘66 stornello ISDT
Any help or leads are appreciated
Thx dave

Sent from my iPhone

Rick Yamane

Aug 11, 2021, 11:04:28 AM8/11/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com

Dave Knaack

Aug 11, 2021, 12:55:16 PM8/11/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Nothing on the adjusters either. I only need one and I’m assuming I’ll be making it…. Most likely going to end up repairing the rear backing plate but I’d feel better about finding one of those. Let me know either way if you can help out
Thx dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 11, 2021, at 10:04 AM, 'Rick Yamane' via Guzzi Singles <guzzi-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> I'll see if I can help find one.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/guzzi-singles/BYAPR18MB28212FC43430B563E62CE14AD5F89%40BYAPR18MB2821.namprd18.prod.outlook.com.

Mac Dennis

Aug 12, 2021, 7:28:12 AM8/12/21
to Guzzi Singles

Dave Knaack

Aug 12, 2021, 7:46:31 AM8/12/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
UB22BS2
The standard Stornello’s had a 20

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 12, 2021, at 6:28 AM, Mac Dennis <capr...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> What carb was used on the ISDT?
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/guzzi-singles/3a4803ac-1c4d-44d2-994e-1e37c443bd03%40www.fastmail.com.

Mac Dennis

Aug 12, 2021, 8:12:48 AM8/12/21
to Guzzi Singles
Found this in garage. I checks out in an ISDT parts manual.

Thanks

Mac

--
Mac Dennis
capr...@fastmail.fm

Rick Yamane

Aug 12, 2021, 11:06:13 AM8/12/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Roger that. I'll shake the trees a bit more, maybe some fruit will fall. You have a 32 spoke QD rear hub right? I believe it is Grimeca.

Rick

Dave Knaack

Aug 12, 2021, 11:12:12 AM8/12/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, correct. The part I’m looking for is aluminum and holds the brake shoes and actuator in place. The lip that engages the rear swing arm to prevent rotation under braking is broke off
image2.jpeg

Rick Yamane

Aug 12, 2021, 2:05:20 PM8/12/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com

That’s pretty ugly. I don’t think you’d want to repair that unless you absolutely had to.

Yes, correct. The part I’m looking for is aluminum and holds the brake shoes and actuator in place. The lip that engages the rear swing arm to prevent rotation under braking is broke off

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 12, 2021, at 10:06 AM, 'Rick Yamane' via Guzzi Singles <guzzi-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Roger that. I'll shake the trees a bit more, maybe some fruit will fall. You have a 32 spoke QD rear hub right? I believe it is Grimeca.

Dave Knaack

Aug 12, 2021, 2:51:41 PM8/12/21
to guzzi-...@googlegroups.com
I agree!  But I’m sure I can if needed. EVERYTHING on the ISDT is weird and different…..  if it was easy anyone could do it. Sometimes I like the challenge

Sent from my iPhone