lets put the power back with the people (motive wind power)

gabydewilde

Dec 7, 2008, 5:58:42 PM12/7/08
to Guth Usenet (public but censored)
First a few points:

1 - heavier than air flying machines can really fly.

2 - Sailboats can sail close to the wind.

3 - Windmills have only a few blades to prevent the wind from flowing
around it.

4 - Wind energy grows at the cube of the speed.

5 - Vehicle drag grows at the cube of the speed.

So this means we have 20 mph combined drag moving at 10 mph up against
10 mph wind.

If you understand point (2) you know the boat may sail up the wind. If
you understand point (3) you should be able to understand the blades
are not moving backwards but they are moving sidewards.

Sticking a windmill onto a car does not cause the blades to move
backwards. Not moving backwards means the sailboat like blades can
"sail" up the drag.

The blades are not moving in the same direction as the vehicle but
they are moving sidewards. I have more elaborate visual documentation
but I put together this silly picture to keep this posting short and
to the point.

http://wind-car.go-here.nl/sci-math-wind-car-nl.jpg

Please laugh at it first, then do the math and see the problems of
windmills (3) are not there, of course the first thing that pops to
mind is the drag but the drag is not there per point (4)

The concept is very old in lots of different applications. The only
thing that is missing is good math. We can use wind energy at zero
mph, the idea it would be worse at 60 mph is fairly silly.

http://wind-car.go-here.nl/