Combining multiple BugTraqProvider into a single project

Linne

Jun 16, 2009, 3:01:38 PM6/16/09
to Gurtle
Hi together,

I am one of the developer from the TracExplorer project, which uses
the IBugTragProvider-Interface from TortoiseSVN to integrate the Trac
issue tracker.
Now I have seen different projects that also adapt different issue
tracker (Gurtle, Jira, Redmine), all of them have normally 1-2
developers.
I needed actually for my company an integration for Jira (the one on
codeproject is no running on my system). I thought, it would be nice,
to bundle our energy and generate a issue tracker suite, which
combines common issue trackers.

I think each project has three main topics:

* Issue tracker transport connection (xml-rpc, soap, web)
* UI-Interface
* Installer

I think we could save energy by using a shared user interface and
installer.

What are you thinking about this idea?

Jan

Stefan Küng

Jun 16, 2009, 3:09:39 PM6/16/09
to gur...@googlegroups.com

No objection from me :)

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

signature.asc

Atif Aziz

Jun 16, 2009, 6:11:33 PM6/16/09
to gur...@googlegroups.com
I think we could save energy by using a shared user interface and
installer.

I'm all up for consolidating energy and cross-cutting concerns. I'm not sure exactly which areas will pay off the most but I'm all ears for now. Do you have some initial suggestion and proposals in mind that could form the basis of a concrete discussion?