Call Optimizer Asynchronously

jj6...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2019, 11:07:33 AM3/22/19
to Gurobi Optimization
Hello,
Can we call the optimizer asynchronously? As I understand, the model.optimize() is a blocking call. In our use case, the optimization might take about 15 minutes to run. I am looking at options to use AWS and Gurobi instant cloud so that I can use the optimizer with minimum infrastructure. I was thinking about using AWS Lambda and Step functions for this use case. But if the lambda timeout before getting the response of the blocking call, it won't work. So, can we call the optimizer from lambda ( fire and forget) and then use another lambda within a Step function to check the status of the job? I saw that it might be possible with the Instant cloud REST API interface. If the REST API can provide this functionality, which API can be used to retrieve  the result of the model optimization?
      Another idea was to use callback. Can the callback be used to write the result of the optimization into an S3 bucket? Can Instant could write the optimization result to S3 location and if so, how can I do this?

Thanks
JJ