Why do I need internet connection and gurobi license to just create a .mps/.lp file

Shashank Srivastava

Mar 27, 2019, 9:25:41 AM3/27/19
to Gurobi Optimization
I only want to create a model file. Please help in creating it using Gurobipy library without spinning up a machine for no reason. I want to stick to gurobipy as we will be using it in our product. Thanks

Tobias Achterberg

Mar 27, 2019, 12:07:19 PM3/27/19
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Why do you need an internet connection? You only need a license to do this,
which can sit on your local machine or on a server in your local network
(depending on the licenses type). Or do you use Gurobi exclusively on the cloud?

Regards,

Tobias
> --
>
> ---

Shashank Srivastava

Mar 28, 2019, 3:42:05 AM3/28/19
to Gurobi Optimization
Yes I use only gurobi instant cloud. The license is a cloud license.