Bi-level Integer Programming

Sagnik BasuMallik

Feb 12, 2019, 7:58:44 PM2/12/19
to Gurobi Optimization
Can someone give me an example or point to resources on how to write bi-level MILP in Gurobi?

Tobias Achterberg

Feb 12, 2019, 8:10:34 PM2/12/19
to gur...@googlegroups.com
This is not that easy. Just to be sure, we are talking about a bilevel problem in which
the optimality to some subproblem on a subset of the variables is a constraint of the
master problem.

In some cases you can model the master problem as a MILP and add a lazy constraint
callback to enforce the optimality criterion of the subproblem. But this depends on the
structure of the subproblem.

Regards,

Tobias

Sagnik BasuMallik

Feb 13, 2019, 11:41:41 AM2/13/19
to Gurobi Optimization
Thank you Tobias for explaining. Let's say we have the following simple example:

Capture.PNG

How can we re-write this in Gurobi? Thank you again for your help

Sagnik BasuMallik

Feb 13, 2019, 11:41:41 AM2/13/19
to Gurobi Optimization
Or we can use this very popular example ... How can we re-write this in Gurobi?

Capture.PNG

Tobias Achterberg

Feb 14, 2019, 6:10:02 AM2/14/19
to gur...@googlegroups.com
With quadratic objective functions it gets even more complicated. I don't know, I am not
an expert in bilevel programming. You should read some papers about this or ask somewhere
else. Sorry.

Regards,

Tobias