What's in a name

Gummbum

Jan 29, 2011, 3:49:33 PM1/29/11
to Gummworld2
Gummworld2 was started sometime early in 12/2010. It is a second
attempt at a do-it-yerself foundation for my original passion which
drew me to pygame: creation of an third-person action-RPG. After
discontinuing Gummworld(1) and trying out several high-level libraries
and engines, then Rabbyt, then pyglet, then more high-level libraries,
I've come back to pygame and Gummworld. The second time around,
Gummworld2 pulls together a couple more years of accumulated
knowledge, experiences, and tricks and utilities.

This library is primarily for personal use. But it was clear early on
that Gummworld2 does the scrolling thing like no other pygame library
I could find, and I decided to keep it a general-purpose scrolling
library for reuse.

I've written a fair size chunk of intent on the project wiki at
http://code.google.com/p/gummworld2/, and a little history. I won't
duplicate that here. In fact, I'm not very keen on posting docs and
comments. So this group will not be a blog or other vanity forum, nor
provide a running status.

This group was made on the off chance I can get some folks to join in
the fun, share ideas, and get more out of Gummworld2.

No... no, sorry, da Gumm's game will not be called PYABLO. :)

Gumm