how to make a self moving avatar

Paolo

Mar 26, 2014, 5:06:50 AM3/26/14
to gummw...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,
I am improving my knowledge of gummworld2, but still I can't imagine how to make a self moving thing.
I tried with the 07 example, but the starting framework is different because the camera is following the avatar.
My purpose instead is to have a thing walking on the map without any effect on camera position (for example a wild beast walking back and for which can be seen by the player only when he enters that part of the map).

paolo

bw

Mar 26, 2014, 10:49:14 AM3/26/14
to gummw...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In this case you can make a dummy object for a camera target, which will never be displayed. The target will be positions at camera.rect.center. And the camera will never be moved.

Your avatar then would be just another sprite moving around in the world, and moving him in the world will move him across the screen.

Hope this helps.

Gumm